I sat with Anno last night for the first time in what tomorrow will be a year since i last put needle to her!!!!!!!!!!
First i had Greyman hold her up so i could see what *had* been done “to date”.
Stitching such a large piece by hand is a bit problematic. I have this huge thing to scrumple and borgle around trying to get comfortable enough to hold sections while i stitch. Since i don’t use a hoop, it must be quite entertaining watching me wrestle each area into submission, as i turn the piece to manoeuvre the needle! When i say it’s 48×72″ it seems manageable, but the reality is that it’s an unwieldy monster. BUT that’s part of the challenge and the reason i did leave the size of the cloth uncut as it was “treated” with rust!
Small changes in the amount done, but it’s a good start again. More of the honeycombs/cells:
Snail guy has a bit more in his shell:
I’ve decided too that unless i integrate the whole somehow, it’s going to look like a giant all over the place sampler of sorts. The rowan (mountain ash as we call it here) will be my anchor then, and will start appearing more around it as i go.
(The original inspiration for the Rowan is here.)
Sigh of content much evident last night 🙂